Step 5 - Convert
The best kept secret to successfully converting contacts into customers is this – keep everything simple. The more complicated you make the processes and systems, the greater the chance that either you or your team will not use it, and when that happens, you miss opportunities and lose sales.
Here are my 5 (and a bit) steps for converting Contacts into Customers, quickly and simply.
Converting Your Contacts
Now that you have a list of Hot Prospects, this is where the simplicity of the CRM really comes into its own. The ability to instantly pop-up a Contacts information and get an overview of everything that has been happening around them, from your personal notes through to where they have visited your website from a social media article, is priceless. Using this intelligence, you can engage with them around the subject that they are engaging with.
You can do this in a few ways:
- Pick up the phone – I always advocate this as people buy from people, but whatever you do, don’t say that you have been tracking them across your website – they will run for the hills. Have a customer service conversation around the topics that you know they are interested in and you will typically get a positive response.
- Add the Contacts to a sales pipeline – the Contact may not be ready to be contacted yet, but you can see that they are in the buying cycle, so add them to the appropriate stage that you have mapped into popcorn’s drag and drop pipelines. Helping you to see exactly who is in which stage of your sales process at a glance.
- Export the data – by being able to export specific lists, with all the Contact information in one click, you can quickly and easily share the targeted lists with sales or external companies for more targeted activities.
- Create a fully editable Landing Page that mirrors your website in a matter of seconds. These landing pages can have personalisation from the CRM, are fully editable and are hidden from Google searches. So you can be confident that if you add client specific information, it will not be seen by everyone.
- Add or update tags – if you want to be able to easily identify a group of Contacts you can quickly add or remove tags from your list for re-targeting.
- Add or remove Contacts from specific Campaigns – ensuring that they get regular and appropriate Email Marketing communications, that drive more tracked activity.
- Send a targeted Email to the group – as with a campaign, but utilising the template Email tool – you can send a quick targeted message in just a few clicks.
- Send a specific Email to an individual Contact (transactional), all Emails are fully tracked / recorded in popcorn and all replies are sent back to your inbox.
Ready to get started with popcorn Lead Management?
*FREE 5 Day Trial of popcorn CRM, then £5+VAT per month. No Set-Up Fees, No Contracts, No Hidden Costs