This infographic shows you how you can use Outlook Import and Export Wizard for exporting contacts from MS Outlook 2013. This process will allow you to export contacts as a CSV file that can be opened and manipulated in Microsoft Excel. If there is no manipulation needed, the CSV file can be imported into popcorn right away!
Exporting Contacts From MS Outlook 2013
In Outlook 2013 click File > Open & Export > Import/Export. This starts the Import/Export wizard.
In the Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a File, then click Next.
Under Create a File of Type, select Comma Separated Values, then click Next.
Under Select the folder to export from: select the Contacts folder you want to export, then click Next.
Under Save exported file as: click Browse, and select the location you want to save the file for future use.
Type a descriptive name in the File Name: box (e.g., backup), then click OK.
In the Export to a File window, click Finish – and you’re done!
5 Things to Do Before Exporting Contacts From MS Outlook 2013:
- Clean the data to remove old and duplicate contacts
- Add missing data (Company name, phone number, etc..)
- Categorise / tag your contacts, to make segmentation easier
- Identify competitors etc.. Do you want to market to them?
- Tag your hot prospects and manage in sales pipelines